A friend of mine asked me the other day, "Is it wrong to buy someone a Christmas present, and then decide you like it a lot and buy another one for yourself?"
The funny thing was that I had just done that earlier. I dunno, is it?
Happy Birthday to James!
-
We could not adore you more, James! It's been the best year ever because of
you!
10 years ago
1 comment:
Why would it be wrong? There is oftentimes I think an overemphasis on the gift and not on the act of giving. Now, take this with a grain of salt, I'm not saying you should just go and get people whatever, because it's the act of giving that's important, certainly there should be a measure of consideration in what you're getting other people. However, what is ultimately appreciated and the focus, ought to be the act of giving, the consideration put into the gift (that could arguably be put in the previous category), and the giver (and the relationship between the giver and the receiver), not the gift itself. I don't see why it's wrong to decide that you'd like something you got someone else.
Post a Comment